Wednesday, September 21, 2005

This has made my day.

Anyone who knows me at all will appreciate how true the above statement is. This is at the same time, one of the funniest, most clever, and at the same time most lame things I've ever come across.
Read it, and acknowledge the Flying Spaghetti Monster as Lord or be damned! ( or something)

I can't believe so many people got so upset about this. What makes this both highly entertaining and very sad is that so many people could be bothered writing hate mail to the author.

While I would not commit the club to endorsing this view (because we endorse almost no views, maybe, I'm not sure), I am considering it myself, not least because it reflects a serious flaw in the dialectical move from a generic deity or similar (such as described in arguments like the ID and Ontological) to a specific conception of God. It's also upsetting tightly wound conservative types, which I find hard to resist.

It's not great philosophy, but today I needed a laugh and the FSM heard me and delivered.

No comments: